Thursday, July 7, 2011

Visas - the important bit

Like all countries in the world to go and live and work in Germany for a year the first thing that is need is to apply for the Working Holiday Visa.

You must be:
1) be an Australian citizen
2) be at least 18 years of age but not turned 31 at the time of application
3) be in in good health
4) not be accompanied by dependent family members (e.g. children) during your stay

The visa fee the equivalent of € 60 in $AUD. You also have to have proof of sufficient funds (at least € 250 for each month of your stay = approx. $AUD 400 per month); evidence of funds may be in form of credit cards, copies of bank statements or an official sponsorship declaration with proof of income of your sponsor

The Working Holiday Visa already include the Work Permit for Germany but there is no guarantee that a visa will be issued and you don't get your money back. Also when you arrive at the border immigration authorities may examine whether the prerequisites for your
entry continue to apply.You might be refused entry even though you are in the possession of a valid visa if prerequisites for entry no longer apply.

You must have valid medical insurance for the entire year that you are in Germany.
You must also be in possession of a valid exiting ticket when you enter the country (so they know you are not going to overstay)

No comments:

Post a Comment