Saturday, October 29, 2011

Colour

Charlotte Olympia love

I am a colour whore when it comes to my wardrobe. I can never go past bright colours or bold patterns to add a little extra to an outfit. I know that the new trend for summer is colour blocking that in Perth is starting to take hold, but for most people i think that colour is a scary concept at other times of the year, but it should be embraced at any time of any season.

Image from qs daydream

A good place to get inspiration is from the catwalk. There is always designers showing us how to use peaces in a new way.


You could always take a safe route with sticking to a few striking coloured peaces mixed in with more neutral peaces to make a statement. I love both of these outfits that have concentrated colour on the top and made it a little more somber on there bottom half.



I know most of you will not want to go a complete shock value but I know we all have a day that you just want to show everyone how happy you feel. I can't get enough of the yellow coat and the turquoise top and pants outfit. I bought a bright pink duffle coat this winter and am so happy that I will get so much use out of it.

Images from dottis dots and milkteeths

If you are thinking that you want to do colour but not at a shock value try going tonal instead. Try varying shades of dark greens, blues, purples and reds. Add a little interest with only using one other coloured accessory to complete the look.

No comments:

Post a Comment